Fayette County Speedway | home
This is a non-sanctioned entry-level class designed for drivers to gain experience and knowledge in a modified chassis at a lower budget. Do not build beyond the intent of this class.
2002 IMCA MODIFIED RULES APPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS.
1. Fuel-gasoline only. Pump gas. Fuel cell vent hose must extend to within 2 inches of the bottom of the cell and be securely fastened.
2. Drive train: OEM manual transmission (3 or 4 speed). Stock clutch or mini clutch allowed. Aluminum flywheel allowed. MUST have FULL SIZE steel bell housing. Flywheel MUST bolt to crank shaft. Starter must bolt to engine block or factory location, Or, an OEM automatic with a coupler. Must use a hand or clutch pedal operated ball valve for neutral. NO bump starts. Must use flywheel shield. All forward and reverse gears must be operational. Ford 9" rear end allowed. Floater recommended
3. Tires: Any G-60 McCreary IMCA stamped. No sticker tires (new)
4. IMCA wheel with or without sticker.
5. ENGINE: Engine must appear strictly stock. All motors must be 9 to 1 compression. Only stock appearing crank and rods. No aluminum or light weight allowed. A minimum 2-inch plug above the oil level in the side of the oil pan recommended. If you do not have a plug, the oil pan will have to be removed at the time of inspection. Absolutely no Stroking allowed! No 400 Chev. Block
A. 2550 lbs: Cars with stock rocker arms. Includes Dodge with shaft mounted stock steel adjustable rocker arms.
B. 2650 lbs: Cars with full roller rocker arms. Includes Dodge with shaft mounted aluminum roller tip or full roller rocker arms.
6. A. MANIFOLD: Only stock, unaltered 2 or 4 barrel cast iron intake manifold. Porting, polishing or port machining are not permitted. No Bowtie, after market, SVO and W2, marine, VORTEC or other special production intake manifolds.
B. CYLINDER HEADS must be cast iron stock production. No aftermarket OR VORTEC. NO porting or polishing.
7. Roller cams and lifters NOT allowed. Stock type stamped steel rocker arms only 2550# weight bracket. Roller rocker arms allowed 2650# weight bracket. NO REV KITS ALLOWED.
8. Must use OEM distributor and ignition. No multiple spark ignitions.
9. May use aftermarket headers.
A. 2 barrel only. GM on GM, Ford on Ford, Chrysler on Chrysler, or #4412 on anything. Holley 500 CFM 2 barrel, part #4412 with a 1-11/16th maximum throttle bore. No grinding or polishing of any kind allowed. All carburetor components Must be for a 500 Holley. No milling or grinding of throttle shaft allowed, shaft must stay round. The choke and air horn may be removed, this is the Only re-working allowed. Casting line at venturi must be present.
B. Carburetor adapter plate or spacer allowed.(See spec. below)
Important: Distance between the bottom of carburetor and top of intake manifold Can Not exceed one and one quarter (1 1/4) Inch !!
Example adapter: Trans-Dapt part #2086 will adapt Holly 500 to GM manifold.
No high performance adapters allowed, spacer opening must be perpendicular to the base of carburetor. Adjustable sliders allowed to tune engine then slides must be filled for the rest of the season.
C. The promoter or any driver has the right to claim a carburetor from any car finishing the feature race in the top four (4) positions for $125.00 or $25 and exchange. The driver being claimed has the option of cash or exchange, except with promoter. No driver may claim more than twice in one season. No driver can claim the same car twice.
D. No fuel injection, no electric fuel pumps. No belt driven fuel pumps. Pumps must bolt to block in stock location.
11. SAFETY EQUIPMENT: SA90OR SA95 HELMETS REQUIRED.
12. PROTESTING PROCEDURES AND ENGINE TECH PROCEDURES (COMPRESSION AND CUBIC INCH), WILL BE AVAILABLE OPENING NIGHT OF THE SEASON.
13. GOOD ADVICE: HAVE YOUR ENGINE BUILDER LEAVE YOU SOME ROOM FOR REPAIRS. ONE NIGHT WITH OUT POINTS COULD COST YOU A CHAMPIONSHIP.
For questions and clarifications concerning these rules, contact Promoter:
Tim Anderson at 563-320-3880, or go to Fayette County Speedway.com